Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Isle of Capri

I’m home and feeling pretty sick and fuzzy headed but I’ll try to catch up again. Our last stop was in Naples…



Capri: The boat docked in Napoli (Naples) for our last stop. All I saw was the port as we walked to catch our shuttle boat for a one hour ride out to the island of Capri. It’s a beautiful place and a bit too rich for my blood. The shuttle bus took us up to Anacapri (translation: above Capri) and dropped us in front of a store and we all filed in for a demonstration of the inlaid woodwork technique that Capri is famous for. It was interesting and beautiful…and expensive. I ducked out of that store in a hurry and took a chair lift ride to the top of the island. The cliffs, the white houses and buildings, the aquamarine water…Majestic!





The streets on Capri are narrow and the people drive like they have all the room in the world. It was quite the thrill ride. We had a nice walking tour and lunch in our tour group and then we were on our own to wander the streets and stores. I finally tasted the lemon liquor I’d been hearing about. Yow! Once it was time to head back we took the Funicolare, a “train” that goes straight down hill much like the lifts down on Seahurst beach. I admit I was a bit nervous looking at the cable holding us up and remembering my wild ride as a small girl.





We made it down safe and sound where I met this little guy.



My favorite pictures from that day is of flowers and tropical plants. This entire bunch of flowers was the size of my thumb. Small and powerful.

No comments: